Contractors and Supervisors, Landscaping, Grounds Maintenance and Horticulture Services – NOC 8255 SDG
Number of People Who Work in this Industry
Median Income of People Working in this Occupation
of People Working in this Occupation
42.9% of the workforce has a College, CEGEP or non-university certificate or diploma.
35.7% of the workforce does not have a secondary school diploma.
Age of the Workforce
in this Occupation
53.3% of the workforce is age 45 to 64.
56% of contractors and supervisors, landscaping ground maintenance work in the Administrative Services/Waste Management sector.
The employment outlook in our region for 2017-2019 is fair. Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions. A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements. There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Projected growth rate in Ontario: 1.1%-2%
What Else Do I Need to Know?
- The number of businesses operating in the Household and Personal Services sector has grown since 2012 with a net of 40 businesses created between June 2013 and June 2014.
- The sector locally is comprised of small businesses. 84.1% of businesses operating in the Household and Personal Services sector employ 4 people or less.
- Employment Outlook is expected to be fair for Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Contractors and Managers (NOC 8255) in the Ottawa Economic Region.
- This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that employment growth is expected to be weak and a small number of people are expected to retire.
- In addition, due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities will vary depending on the time of the year. Employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
- For more information directly from local employers about this occupation, click on Household & Personal Services Sector.