Business Development Officers and Marketing Researchers And Consultants – NOC 4163 SDG
Number of People Who Work in this Industry
Median Income of People Working in this Occupation
of People Working in this Occupation
40.0% of the workforce has a College, CEGEP or non-university certificate or diploma.
40.0% of the workforce has a university diploma or degree.
Age of the Workforce
in this Occupation
50.0% of the workforce is age 45 to 64.
29% of business development officers and marketing researchers work in the Manufacturing sector.
21% work in each of the Professional, Scientific and Technical Services sector and the Public Administration sector.
The employment outlook in our region for 2017-2019 is fair. Employment growth will lead to several new positions. A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements. There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation. Bilingualism may be an asset.
Projected growth rate in Ontario: 7.1%-8%
What Else Do I Need to Know?
- The number of businesses operating in the Professional, Technical & Education sector has grown since 2012 with a net gain of 73 businesses created between June 2013 and June 2014.
- The sector locally is comprised of small businesses. 88.9% of businesses operating in the Professional, Technical & Education sector employ four people or less.
- Employment )utlook is expected to be fair for Business Development Officers and Marketing Researchers and Consultants (NOC 4163) in the Ottawa Economic Region.
- This outlook is the result of an analysis of a number of factors that influence employment prospects in this occupation. Some of the key findings are that employment growth is expected to be moderate, a moderate number of people are expected to retire, this occupation has recently experienced moderate levels of unemployment.
- Some employers in the Ottawa area may require applicants to be bilingual in French and English in order to be considered for employment.
- For more information directly from local employers about this occupation, click on Professional, Technical & Education Services Sector.