Appliance Servicers and Repairers – NOC 7332 SDG
How many people work in this occupation in SDG?
65 people work as Appliance Servicers and Repairers. The unemployment rate is unavailable.
How many employers are there in SDG?
637 businesses operate in the Household and Personal Services sector in SDG.
332 or 52.1% are owner-operated businesses with no employees.
204 or32% have between 1 to 4 employees.
What is the age of the workforce?
83.5% of the workforce is between age 25 and 54.
What education is required to do this job?
35.7% of the workforce has a certificate, diploma or degree.
Appliance Service Technician is the associated Apprenticeship for this occupation.
Additional information about Construction Trades is available at https://www.collegeoftrades.ca/about/trades-in-ontario
What do people in this occupation earn?*
The median income for Appliance Servicers and Repairers is $47,507.00 per year.
What else should I know?
- The number of businesses operating in the Household and Personal Services sector has grown since 2012 with a net of 40 businesses created between June 2013 and June 2014.
- The sector locally is comprised of small businesses. 84.1% of businesses operating in the Household and Personal Services sector employ 4 people or less.
- Employment Outlook is expected to be fair for Electric Appliance Servicers and Repairers (NOC 7332) in Ontario.
- Over the past four years there has been a modest increase in demand for electric appliance servicers and repairers as well as the number of employed workers in this occupation in Ontario. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. However, this trend may be mitigated to some extent by the fact that consumers often prefer to replace their defective equipment or appliances rather than have them repaired. Over the forecast period, retirements should generate most of the job openings as more than one-quarter of all electric appliance servicers and repairers were above the age of 55 years.
- For more information directly from local employers about this occupation, click on Household & Personal Services Sector.
*Median income means that 50% of the people in the occupation earn less and 50% earn more. It is a more accurate measure of typical income than using an average.
Source: Census and National Household Survey 2011 and Canadian Business Pattern Data 2014, Statistics Canada