General Practitioners and Family Physicians – NOC 3112 SDG
How many people work in this occupation in SDG?
80 people work as General Practitioners and Family Physicians in SDG. The unemployment rate is unavailable.
How many employers are there in SDG?
77 businesses operate in the Hospitals and Nursing and Residential Care Facilities sector in SDG.
4 or 5.2% employ 100 or more employees.
What is the age of the workforce?
This occupation will be impacted by an aging workforce.
68.8% of the workforce is age 45 and older.
43.8% of the workforce is over age 55.
What education is required to do this job?
100% of the workforce has a University certificate, diploma or degree.
What do people in this occupation earn?*
The median income for General Practitioners and Family Physicians is $162,880.00 per year.
What else should I know?
- The number of businesses operating in Health Care has grown since 2012.
- 20.1% of businesses operating in Hospitals and Nursing and Residential Care facilities employ four people or less.
- Employment Outlook for General Practitioners and Family Physicians in the Ottawa Economic Region is good.
- For more information directly from local employers about this occupation, click on Health Care & Social Assistance Services Sector.
* Median income means that 50% of the people in the occupation earn less and 50% earn more. It is a more accurate measure of typical income than using an average.
Source: Census and National Household Survey 2011 and Canadian Business Pattern Data 2014, Statistics Canada