Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Equipment Operator Crews – NOC 7302 SDG
How many people work in this occupation in SDG?
155 people work as Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Equipment Operator Crews in SDG. The unemployment rate is unavailable.
How many employers are there in SDG?
83.3% of Heavy Equipment Operators businesses work in the Construction sector. An additional 5.6% work in Public Administration.
996 businesses operate in the Construction sector in SDG.
585 or 58.7% are owner-operated businesses with no employees.
What is the age of the workforce?
64.5% of the workforce is age 45 and older.
19.4% of the workforce is age 35 to 44.
What education is required to do this job?
13.8% of the workforce does not have a secondary school diploma.
44.8% of the workforce has a secondary school diploma only.
31.0% of the workforce has an Apprenticeship or Trade Certificate or diploma.
6.9% of the workforce has a College, CEGEP or non-university certificate or diploma.
What do people in this occupation earn?*
The median income for Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Equipment Operator Crews is $66,758.00 per year.
What else should I know?
- The number of businesses operating in the Construction sector has grown since 2012 with a net of 33 businesses created between June 2013 and June 2014.
- The sector locally is comprised of small businesses. 73.1% of businesses operating in the Construction sector employ four people or less.
- Employment Outlook for Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Equipment Operator Crews in the Ottawa Economic Region has not been assessed.
- For more information directly from local employers about this occupation, click on Construction & Utilities Services Sector.
* Median income means that 50% of the people in the occupation earn less and 50% earn more. It is a more accurate measure of typical income than using an average.
Source: Census and National Household Survey 2011 and Canadian Business Pattern Data 2014, Statistics Canada